Dual Enrollment

Dual enrollment courses are taught at the high school by an FCPS teacher and offer college credit through agreements with a college or university.

Students who wish to take a dual enrollment course must meet the criteria set by the college or university for admission into the course. Students enrolling in a dual enrollment course will work directly with their high school to register for the course. Students participating in a dual enrollment course through NOVA must be classified as an 11th or 12th grade student and must pass the Virginia Placement Test (VPT) administered by NOVA or a substitute assessment such as the PSAT or SAT. Below are charts that outline options for meeting admissions testing criteria for NOVA. Meeting admissions testing criteria for NOVA does not necessarily guarantee that a student has met all of the prerequisites to enroll in the course.

For questions regarding Dual Enrollment, contact

Sean McCoart, Bonnie Wannett, Hollie Porcella

Dual Enrollment Course Offerings

Dual Enrollment with NOVA Student Checklist