Back-to-School message from Dental instructor
High School Credits: 2 Credits per Course
The two-year program introduces students to careers in the dental health sciences. Academic content includes general health occupations topics, as well as an overview of specific dental topics. In addition, students learn clinical skills necessary to perform as a dental assistant. The skills are practiced in a simulated office setting. Second-year students may be certified in dental radiology safety and elect to participate in internships.
- Internship for second-year students
- Workplace Readiness Skills
- Radiation Health & Safety Exam
Student Career Pathway Examples
The study of Dental Careers with additional post-secondary training may lead to these careers:
- Dental Assistants *Bright Outlook*
- Dental Hygienists *Bright Outlook*
- Dentists, General *Bright Outlook*
- Dental Laboratory Technicians
- Orthodontists *Bright Outlook*
- Prosthodontists *Bright Outlook*
Check it Out
Employment of dental hygienists is projected to grow 19% through 2025, much faster than the average for all occupations.
The median annual wage for dental hygienists in May 2015 was $72,330
Industry Connections & Program Partnerships
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Assistants Association
- Dental Assisting National Board
- ADHA – American Dental Hygienists’ Association
Students gain experience in our fully functioning Dental Clinic!