Learn about Chantilly Academy
The Chantilly Governor’s STEM Academy inspires and empowers a diverse body of learners to explore career pathways employing current industry trends taught by dedicated professionals. The unique STEM learning opportunities effectively advance students toward successful post-secondary education and careers with relevant and transferable life skills.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is the Academy a private school or after school program?
- No, the academy is a high school center within an existing high school that offers advanced technical and specialized elective courses that successfully integrate career and academic preparation.
- How much does the Academy cost?
- The academy is free to all FCPS students. Some classes may require a lab fee which covers uniform, materials and or personal protective safety equipment in accordance with FCPS Regulation 5920.
- What is the purpose of the Academy?
- Enrollment in the Academy courses provide students with career and academic preparation for post-secondary education and career fields. Students enrolling in Academy courses will be provided with opportunities to participate in a variety of career experiences including shadowing, mentoring, and internships with local businesses.
- Do students need to provide their own transportation?
- Transportation is provided for FCPS students to and from their base school contingent upon enrollment.
- What is the process for registering for an Academy class?
- Choose an Academy class
- Think about a second course choice in the event your first choice is full.
- Discuss your course interests with your parent or guardian.
- Meet with your school counselor so that they can complete your online registration.
- With your counselor, discuss your academy class schedule. You might consider taking an online course for credit if attending the academy requires a class period for travel.
*The deadline for registration is in March 12th . Late registrations after this date will be considered on a space-available basis.