Check out our Auto Tech Level 1 students as they demonstrate mastery by teaching others! What an amazing way to engage in learning! We are impressed and proud of our students!
High School Credits: Depends on your course level.
Level 1 is a 1 credit class that is available for 10th graders and above. Level 2 is a two credit class for 10th, 11th & 12th. Level 3 is a two credit class for 11th & 12th. This program enables students to have hands on experience learning about the major systems of the automobile with emphasis on lab safety, tool usage, and equipment operations. Students perform a variety of tasks on general automotive maintenance, brakes, steering and suspension, electrical and electronic systems, engine performance and engine repair as defined by the National Automotive Technology Education Foundation (NATEF).
- Skills USA Customer Car Service
- NATEF End of Course Exams
- Internship Opportunities
- NATEF end of course exams
- Workplace Readiness Skills
- Dual Enrollment with NVCC
Student Career Pathway Examples
- Automotive Service Technician *Bright Outlook*
- Automotive Specialty Technicians *Bright Outlook* *Green Job*
- Diesel Technician *Green Job*
- Auto Detailer *Bright Outlook*
- Parts Specialist
- Service Writer *Bright Outlook* *Green Job*
Check it Out
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Industry Connections & Program Partnerships