CTE Month Feature: Health & Medical Sciences
Our feature for the week during National CTE Month is our Health & Medical Sciences Pathway. Here at Chantilly Academy we offer a robust program that features several courses that students can take to explore their interests in the career of health and medical professions. Whether a student is interested in learning what kind of careers are out there or specifically looking for an industry licensure to enter the workforce after high school—we have a course available for all interests!
A distinct feature of all our Health and Medical Science courses is the student membership to the organization, Future Health Professionals (HOSA). Below are the goals of the organization which we strive to promote in all our courses though active participation.
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
- To promote physical, mental and social well being.
- To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
- To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
- To develop character.
- To develop responsible citizenship traits.
- To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
- To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
- To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
- To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
- To encourage individual and group achievement.
- To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
- To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
- To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
- To promote career opportunities in health care.
Click the video below to hear from one of our current Health & Medical students and to learn more about all of courses, visit our Academics page.